By partnering with Pritikin Intensive Cardiac Rehab (ICR), CHRISTUS Shreveport-Bossier Health System will provide an enhanced cardiac rehabilitation program that focuses on a complete lifestyle change built on three pillars of health: exercise, nutrition and mind-set. The comprehensive program will provide opportunity for improved health outcomes and reduced readmission. Pritikin ICR is one of only two Intensive Cardiac Rehab programs offered to hospitals that have been approved by CMS.
Qualifying Events for Pritikin Intensive Cardiac Rehab
- Acute myocardial infarction (within the preceding 12 months)
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (no time limit)
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty and/or stenting procedure (no time limit)
- Stable Angina Pectoris (no time limit)
- Heart or heart-lung transplant (no time limit)
- Heart valve repair or replacement (no time limit)