By partnering with Pritikin Intensive Cardiac Rehab (ICR), CHRISTUS Health Shreveport-Bossier will provide an enhanced cardiac rehabilitation program that focuses on a complete lifestyle change, offering the opportunity for improved health outcomes and reduced readmission. Pritikin ICR is one of only two Intensive Cardiac Rehab programs being offered to hospitals that have been approved by CMS. The program focuses on a comprehensive lifestyle modification program built on the three pillars of exercise, nutrition and healthy mind-set.
First and only Cardiac Rehab program in Louisiana to offer Pritikin Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation (ICR). By partnering with Pritikin ICR, CHRISTUS Health Shreveport-Bossier will provide an enhanced cardiac rehabilitation program that focuses on a complete lifestyle change, offering the opportunity for improved health outcomes and reduced readmission.
Inpatient Cardiac Rehab
Inpatient Cardiac Rehab (ICR) consists of 72 sessions that teach strategies to improve on physical exercise, nutrition, and maintaining a healthy mind-set. Sessions include cooking school and work-shops
- Phase 1 cardiac rehabilitation begins for the patient immediately following a qualifying event (AMI, PTCA/Stent, CABG, Valve Surgery). Our Cardiac Rehab RN visits patients daily and provides progression in activity (CABG/Valve patients) as well as risk factor modification teaching/education.
- We help identify the risk factors for CAD the patient has and then we provide Education tools (via videos/hand-outs/booklets) in an effort to teach strategies the patient can immediately implement to reduce these risks.
Qualifying Events for Pritikin Inpatient Cardiac Rehab
- Acute myocardial infarction (within the preceding 12 months)
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (no time limit)
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty and/or stenting procedure (no time limit)
- Stable Angina Pectoris (no time limit)
- Heart or heart-lung transplant (no time limit)
- Heart valve repair or replacement (no time limit)
Traditional Cardiac Rehab
- Comprehensive Program of 36 total sessions of Exercise and Education focused on strategies to reduce risk factors of coronary artery disease and prevent recurrence of Congestive Heart Failure.
- Qualifying Events for Traditional Cardiac Rehab include above qualifying for ICR with the addition of Chronic/Stable Heart Failure.