If you have been diagnosed with a heart condition that requires cardiothoracic surgery, many emotions may being going through your head. At CHRISTUS Health, you can count on our cardiothoracic surgeons and experienced medical team to be with you through this process. A cardiothoracic surgeon, who focuses and specializes in chest surgeries within the heart, lungs, and other organs will perform surgeries that address various forms of heart disease.
Learn if Your Heart is HealthyTake the Heart Assessment
Cardiothoracic Surgeries for Various Heart Disease
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Heart Valve Diseases
Surgeries for Heart Conditions
Cardiac Surgeons Areas of Expertise
How to Naturally Prevent Heart Disease
While cardiac surgery can often treat heart disease, you can lower your risk of needing a procedure by making lifestyle changes. Lower your heart disease risk with these tips.
- Eat a healthy diet. Strive to eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins, and cut back on sodium and added sugars.
- Stick to an exercise routine. Adults should aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes of high-intensity aerobic activity per week.
- Maintain a healthy weight. If you are overweight, talk to your doctor about starting a weight-loss plan. Once you have reached your goal weight, follow smart habits to maintain it.
- Manage health conditions. If you have a condition that puts you at higher risk for heart disease, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes, take your medications and follow your doctor’s advice.
- Avoid all tobacco products. If you smoke, vape or use tobacco, then quit.
Robotic SurgeryLearn More
Our three da Vinci Robotic Surgical Systems® are the most advanced robotic surgery minimally invasive technology in the world and our surgeons are leaders in this pioneering surgical technique that reduces pain, promotes shorter recovery time and faster healing.
superDimension iLogicLearn More
Also known as Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy (ENB)™, the superDimension i-Logic System extends the reach of the bronchoscope to regions deep in the lung. Through proprietary software and electromagnetic technology, the system takes advantage of natural airway access and enables physicians to locate small lung lesions for diagnostic testing and potential treatment.