Be a CHRISTUS Volunteer and Resolve to Make a Difference!
Our volunteers make a difference in the lives of their friends and neighbors each day. A volunteer may be a student eager to contribute while learning more about a career in medicine or a member of the community who finds fulfillment in giving back. Many of our volunteers have learned new skills and met new friends. Others have redefined what it means to be retired with their active service at CHRISTUS. Each hospital volunteer is essential to the fulfillment of the CHRISTUS Mission to Extend the Healing Ministry of Jesus Christ. CHRISTUS Southeast Health System is an exciting place to volunteer. Volunteers come from all walks of life and bring their unique talents to the hospital. There are a variety of volunteer placements. Each placement requires a slightly different set of skills and each is equally important.
High School students (15+ years of age) and college students are welcome to participate at any time during the school year or during school breaks.
A sample of placements include:
- Waiting rooms in surgery, ICU and ER
- Hospital lobby Information Desk
- Outpatient Pavilion Information Desk
- Gift Shop
- Greeters and escorts at St. Elizabeth, St. Mary, or Beaumont Bone & Joint Institute
- Assembling packets
- Home volunteers knit hats for babies and oncology patients
Volunteering isn’t all work. It is also a great way to meet new people and expand your social circle. Some of the rewards for volunteering include:
- Celebration luncheons for National Volunteer Week and Christmas
- Annual awards and recognition
- Free annual flu shot and TB screening
- Social outings
- The opportunity to sharpen your own skills or learn new ones
- Use of the library
- Discount on Wellness Center fee (for those that volunteer 20 hours a week)
- Use of a preferred parking area while on duty
- A complimentary meal in the cafeteria (for four hour or longer shift)
- Free fountain drink or coffee in the cafeteria
Would you like to join us?
We welcome individuals who would like to learn new skills, make new friends, and reap the blessings of helping others.
If you would like more information about volunteering at CHRISTUS Southeast Texas St. Elizabeth or St. Mary, please email or call:
Leslie Pember at email@example.com or at 409-899-7145
If you would like to join our CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Jasper Memorial Auxiliary, you may call 409-384-1874 to receive more information on how to join.