Junior Volunteer Program
CHRISTUS Children’s Junior Volunteer program gives high school students valuable experience volunteering in a hospital setting during their summer break. You may apply to become a junior volunteer from March 1 – April 1, 2023.
We are looking for junior volunteers who believe in our mission and wish to help us carry it out. Junior volunteers are interested in the healthcare field and want to have an impact on patients and families through service-learning projects and tasks.
Junior Volunteer ApplicationDownload Application
Requirements for Volunteering with the Junior Volunteer Program
- Volunteers must be 15-17 years old
- Submission of a completed application, including two references
- Completion of required health forms and proof of flu and COVID-19 vaccinations
- Completion of formal interview
- Completion of all required volunteer forms
- Completion of general volunteer orientation
- Completion of orientation in assigned service area
- Commit to volunteering 7 out of the 8-week period for a minimum of 32 hours total for the summer. Volunteering one shift (4 hours) per week will achieve the minimum requirement. The maximum amount of volunteer time allowed during the program is 128 hours, two days a week (4-four-hour shifts) totaling no more than 16 hours per week.
- Have parent/guardian permission to become a junior volunteer