Clinical Learning Education
The Office of Research and Academics is located at CHRISTUS Health System Headquarters in Irving, Texas. CHRISTUS Health promotes Clinical Education at our many clinical sites across the States of Texas, Louisiana, and New Mexico for diverse students pursuing education in various clinical disciplines from Academic Institutions scattered throughout the United States. While earning academic course credit(s) towards their degree requirements, the students may expect to gain highly enriched experiential clinical learning and practicums during their approved clinical placements or rotations under the direct preceptorship of integrated care team of experts at CHRISTUS Health. Essentially, these learning opportunities allow practical application of learned theory in the field environment. While we cannot guarantee a rotation placement for all interested students, we hope you will reach out to learn more what CHRISTUS Health can offer your academic institutions and students.
Our model Clinical Education Affiliation Agreement template allows for expedited processing and is designed to:
- Provide a consistent and efficient framework for managing an increasing number of students participating in clinical training at CHRISTUS Health away from their home institutions
- Comply with applicable accreditation and education standards
- Help students secure access to premier clinical training site at CHRISTUS Health
- Spell out roles and responsibilities between our training site, academic institution, and the rotating student(s)
- Ensure an appropriate learning environment, including scope of supervision, towards a meaningful and rewarding educational experience
Among others, we offer clinical rotations and practicums in the following major clinical disciplines:
- Medical Residents
- Medical Students
- Advanced Practice Practitioners
- Emergency Medical Technicians
- Physical Therapists
- Social Workers
- Medical Assistants
All clinical education affiliations between CHRISTUS Health and another Academic Institution require a written and signed Clinical Education Affiliation Agreement (CEAA). A CEAA must be completed prior to the beginning term of the clinical placement or rotation. If your Academic Institution has an interest in exploring a clinical education affiliation opportunity at CHRISTUS Health, please follow the detailed workflow document to learn more about our centralized and systematic review process. If you are a current student, please have your faculty advisor identify a training site at CHRISTUS Health and contact our Office regarding processing a CEAA. Our Office is responsible to review the legality of the CEAA documents, but individual departments, preceptors, and rotating students at CHRISTUS Health’s training sites are responsible to abide by the requirements set forth in the CEAA.
Inquiries can be directed to ORA@christushealth.org or to the individuals listed below.