Students & Faculty
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
If you are an aspiring medical professional, CHRISTUS Health has a one-of-a-kind opportunity for you. We offer undergraduates a comprehensive medical program to prepare for their future medical careers. Our program strives to give you a dynamic learning environment to promote academic excellence, scholarship, research, and investigation in all medical fields. Get the hands-on experience you need and learn from the nation’s top medical professionals.
How to Apply
Student experiences are approved through the student's university/college/school and the CHRISTUS Health System's Nursing Service Education Department. For more information on how to apply to our program, contact Holly Waber by email or phone.
What to Expect
Once you or your student has been accepted into our program, please fill out the various orientation forms and documents to complete one week prior to the first day of arrival.
- Student and Faculty Orientation Overview
- Mission, Value, Vision
- Code of Ethics – English/Spanish
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Important Student-Faculty Information
- Student Expectations
- Working Environment
- Safety Infection Control
- Patient Rights & Protections
- Rapid Response Team
- National Patient Safety Goals
- HIPPA Presentation w/ Quiz (Be sure to turn up the volume on your computer)
Once all elements have been reviewed, please complete and submit the following certificates.
- Notification of Student Experience for a Single Student*
- Notification of Student Experience for Multiple Students*
- Verification Form*
- Computer Access Form - if students will need computer access for their experience at CHRISTUS Health
- Pyxis Access Form - for nursing faculty who will be on-site helping their student with medication administration
- How to access Nursing Documentation computer training (this form is informational for faculty and students and does not need to be returned)
- How to access a Non-Nursing CHRISTUS Computer to access our Nursing Computer Documentation
- Student Nurses - this policy delineates the relationship between the student, their clinical instructor, and the CHRISTUS Health Care staff