Outpatient Therapy and Rehabilitation
Whether you're interested in preventing or recovering from an injury, improving your overall physical condition, or addressing medical conditions such as diabetes, stroke, or other disabling issues, CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System Outpatient Rehabilitation Services can provide the care you need. We provide the oversight of certified physical and occupational therapists.
From inpatient treatment to outpatient therapy, our rehabilitation team works with each patient and their physician to create an individualized program to achieve increased mobility, strength and muscle tone, as well as build cardiovascular endurance. In our centers, occupational, physical and speech therapists help those who have suffered disabling injuries return to a productive lifestyle.
The CHRISTUS Outpatient Rehabilitation Centers provide:
- Communication and swallowing disorder therapy
- Hand, arm, elbow, and shoulder therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Warm water exercise and therapy
Medical rehabilitation services are provided following a referral by a physician, teacher, agency, family member or through self referral. Funding is provided by third-party payers such as insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, Workers Compensation and other state programs. Clients may also self pay or be the recipient of public support when/if eligible.
Our balance experts, specially trained in the evaluation and treatment of balance disorders, can implement effective treatment plans for those who are experiencing balance problems or dizziness. Some of the tests to determine your ability to maintain balance may include:
- Balance and Gait Assessments
- Computerized equilibrium tests can evaluate the sensory and motor parts of your balance system.
- Sensory tests assess the inner ears, eyes, and sense of touch in your feet and joints that all contribute to balance control.
- Motor tests measure your ability to execute coordinated movements, both voluntary and involuntary, to maintain your balance. These tests help define the cause of your balance problem and help the balance specialist customize treatment for maximum benefit.
Speech Therapy and Swallowing Disorders
Communication and Swallowing Disorders
Our speech language pathologists are experienced in helping children and adults who have communication or swallowing disorders. Our clinicians are licensed by the state board of examiners and certified by the American Speech and Hearing Association, and have over 40 years of combined professional experience.
Our services provide:
- Care interventions for children and infants with swallowing/feeding disorders.
- Communications therapies for children with autism spectrum disorder or language-delayed and articulation disorders.
- Intervention and therapies for adults following laryngectomy or tracheoesophageal puncture (TEP).
- Comprehensive assessments, individualized treatment plans and flexible scheduling.
For questions regarding communication or swallowing, please contact our team of speech pathologists at 409-899-8268. Referrals and prescriptions can be faxed to 409-899-7679.
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
Park Medical II Building, Suite 110
Beaumont, TX 77702
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Outpatient Center St. Elizabeth
3701 Highway 73 at 9th Avenue
Port Arthur, TX 77642
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Orthopedic Specialty Center St. Elizabeth
3650 Laurel Avenue
Beaumont, TX 77707
Occupational therapy is skilled treatment that helps people achieve independence in all areas of their lives and gives people the skills needed to lead satisfying lives. Occupational therapists may work with people who have physical, emotional, mental and/or developmental disabilities.
According to the American Occupational Therapy Association, problems treated with occupational therapy include:
- Work-related problems, such as repetitive stress injuries
- Limitations after a stroke or heart attack
- Chronic diseases, such as arthritis and multiple sclerosis
- Birth injuries, learning problems and developmental disabilities
- Mental health problems, such as Alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia and post-traumatic stress syndrome
- Injuries resulting from falls, accidents or playing sports
- Vision or thinking problems that affect the ability to drive
Warm Water Rehabilitation
Indoor Warm Water Swimming Pool
The indoor, accessible warm-water swimming pool at the CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Outpatient Rehabilitation Center in Beaumont is excellent for the physical rehabilitation of a large variety of diagnoses and disorders, as well as for improving general conditioning,
- Orthopedic injury
- Back surgery
- Chronic pain
- Paralysis caused by stroke
- Neurological disorders
- Brain injury
Individual warm water rehabilitation sessions are also available for clients with special needs and aquatic exercise classes for the general community, at a nominal charge, are held weekly.