CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALISTS
A clinical nurse specialist will meet with you to discuss each new chemotherapy treatment in depth, so you understand the possible side effects and how to manage them.
Our oncology patient navigator begins a relationship with an individual when there is a definitive diagnosis of cancer and continues through treatment and into survivorship.
The nurse navigator works with the patient and family to:
- Assess and identify any barriers to receiving the recommended care
- Connect patients and families to resources and supportive care staff and services
- Facilitate the communication among patients, family members, and healthcare providers.
- Ensure timely treatment for cancer patients.
- Provide compassionate support to alleviate stress and anxiety.
- Assess patient’s understanding of medical problems and treatment options.
- Assist patients in making informed decisions on their cancer care through education and coaching.
A registered nutritionist works closely with patients to provide individualized nutrition plans based on their type of cancer and treatment plan.
Palliative care specializes in helping patients manage pain and oher symptoms associated with a serious illness. The goal of palliative care is to manage a person’s symptoms in order to provide the best quality of life for the patient and their families. They help individuals develop and evaluate a plan of care that reflects the patient’s wishes, values and life goals.
Contact the Palliative Care Team to make an appointment here
Physical therapists provided lymphedema therapy to breast cancer patients following surgery and others who may develop swelling from treatment. The physical therapists also work with patients to improve strength and mobility.
Integrative Medicine offers a whole-person approach that is designed to treat you, not just your disease. The treatments are often used alongside mainstream medicine and complement conventional Western medicine approaches. Services include acupuncture, nutrition, herbal therapy, massage, yoga and other movement classes, spiritual journey, mindfulness training and lifestyle coaching.
Learn more about our holistic medicine approach.
Our licensed Clinical Social Worker addresses the emotional needs of our patients and families, helping them cope the cancer, and provides a wide range of counseling services, crisis intervention, education, resource referrals, patient advocacy and case management services to our cancer patients.