Request a Telemedicine Appointment for your Child
At The Children's Hospital of San Antonio, a multidisciplinary team of specialists collaborate to provide the highest quality of care for our pediatric and young adult patients in a new state-of-the-art inpatient unit. Our Blood & Marrow Transplant Center team is led by two physicians and a pediatric nurse practitioner with a combined experience in blood and marrow transplantation of more than 50 years. They are supported by a staff of dedicated nurses and technicians, ensuring the ultimate experience in patient care and comfort. You will have seamless access to outpatient clinical care, laboratory and diagnostic services. Because we are part of CHRISTUS Health, you will receive compassionate care every step of the way.
We are well prepared to perform an autologous transplant -- high dose chemotherapy with a patient’s own stem cell rescue (brain tumors, lymphomas, neuroblastoma, autoimmune diseases) or allogeneic (donor) transplant (leukemias, bone marrow failures, sickle cell disease, thalassemia, storage diseases, immunodeficiencies).
For allogeneic transplants, hematopoietic stem cells can be procured for your child from matched sibling donors, matched unrelated donors, cord (newborn babies) blood and mismatched related (haploidentical) donors, such as parents.
We are ready to take care of your child when they need us the most.
Conditions We Treat
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia (AML)
- Chronic myeloblastic leukemia (CML)
- Juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia (JMML)
- Lymphomas - Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s
- Brain Tumors
- Germ Cell Tumors
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH)
- Primary immunodefficiencies such as Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID)
- Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome
- Autoimmune disorders
- Sickle cell disease
- Bone marrow failures - severe aplastic anemia, Fanconi anemia, dyskeratosis congenita, paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), Diamond-Blackfan anemia, Schwachmann-Diamond syndrome, congenital neutropenia, congenital amegakaryocytosis
- Storage diseases and other in-born errors of metabolism