General Pediatric Care
The Pediatric Clinic at The Children's Hospital of San Antonio provides coordinated, comprehensive care for our general pediatric patients. Our providers see children from birth until their 19th birthday.
Our clinic is staffed by board-certified pediatricians and an experienced nurse practitioner. Our providers treat the whole child – mind, spirit, and body. As faculty members at Baylor College of Medicine, our providers have a special interest in literacy, health promotion, and child development.
Hours & Locations
Pediatric Primary Care Clinic at The Children's Hospital of San Antonio
What Is a Family-Centered Medical Home?
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, a medical home is an accessible, continuous, comprehensive, family-centered, coordinated, compassionate, and culturally effective place of care.
This means that our clinic, as your child’s medical home, is a central resource for all your child’s health care needs. In a medical home, your child’s physician, nurse practitioner, and staff should make you feel like you are the most important part of the health care team. You are encouraged to participate in all aspects of your child’s care.
As your child’s medical home, we will help you find the needed information and resources about:
- Pediatric subspecialists
- Health conditions and latest treatments
- Home care, equipment, and medical suppliers
- Support and respite services for your family
- Other key local services
As your medical home we will:
- Take care of your child when he or she is sick and we’ll help you keep your child well.
- Help you plan your child’s health care and/or set goals for current and future care.
- Talk with you about any testing or treatment that your child needs.
- Work with you and other care providers to coordinate your child’s care
Your Child’s Visit
Here are a few helpful tips that will help you prepare for your child’s visit to our providers:
- Be prepared to share how your child is doing (at play, school, sleep, etc.).
- Write down and bring any questions or concerns.
- Bring a list of other providers your child sees and their contact information.
- Create and share a complete record of your child’s care.
- Bring a list of your child’s medications to each visit. We must know all of your child's prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and vitamins or remedies.
Access and Communication
The Pediatric Primary Care Clinic is available when you need us most. Please ask about any special communication or access needs that you or your children have. We have policies with your needs in mind.
- In most cases, we offer same-day appointments.
- Results for your child’s tests and procedures will be provided by telephone within one week.
- With your permission, we will share information with your child’s specialist in a timely manner.
Additional Pediatric Clinics
The Children's Hospital of San Antonio has five additional pediatric clinics across San Antonio.
Pediatric Care in Alamo Ranch
CHRISTUS Children’s offers pediatrics care in San Antonio's Alamo Ranch.
Pediatric Care at Alon Town Center
CHRISTUS Children’s offers pediatrics care in Alon Town Center.
Pediatric Care at Dominion Crossing
CHRISTUS Children’s offers pediatrics care at Dominion Crossing.
Pediatric Care in Stone Oak
CHRISTUS Children’s offers pediatrics care in Stone Oak.
Pediatric Care in Northwest San Antonio
CHRISTUS Children’s offers pediatrics care in northwest San Antonio.