Our History and Heritage

A Polish noblewoman, Frances Siedliska, who became the namesake of the hospital, founded the Congregation of the Holy Family of Nazareth in 1875. Born to a cultured and wealthy family near Warsaw in 1842, she felt called to dedicate her life to God in the service of others. Known in religious life as Blessed Mary of Jesus the Good Shepherd, Mother Frances gathered together other young women to found an order, which spread quickly throughout the world.

Historic Photo of Mother Frances Hospital Tyler

Nearby, the staff of the Bryant Clinic, which later became Trinity Clinic, also responded to treat the injured. Almost 300 children, teachers and townspeople were killed by the blast and hundreds of the wounded were brought to Mother Frances Hospital for treatment.

Trinity Mother Frances Bryant Clinic

Numerous expansions and additions over the last seven and one-half decades have turned the once modest hospital and small clinic into Smith County’s largest employer and one of the highest rated integrated health systems in the United States.

CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System

CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic are part of CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, which employs over 4,000 Associates and includes six hospitals and 36 clinics with over 350 physicians and mid-level providers located throughout the region

 

Historic Dates in the History of CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System

 

 

  • 1930's
  • 1940's
  • 1950's
  • 1960's
  • 1970's
  • 1980's
  • 1990's
  • 2000's
  • 2010's