CHRISTUS Heart & Vascular Institute
Personalized cardiac rehabilitation
We know that heart health involves the whole person, mind and body, so whether you’ve experienced a heart attack, had bypass or heart valve surgery, or have been diagnosed with coronary artery disease, our Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation program is here to help you return to an active lifestyle and make changes necessary to prevent future heart events. Cardiac rehabilitation is an individualized treatment plan designed to help improve your overall health.
The goals of cardiac rehab are to:
- Increase your understanding about your condition and treatment
- Help you make the right lifestyle changes to decrease your risk of a heart attack or stroke, and to reduce the need for future surgery
- Increase your ability to perform your job and your daily or recreational activities
- Provide you and your family with the support and motivation you need to make important lifestyle changes
Outpatient cardiac rehabilitation is covered by Medicare and most private payer insurance companies. Financing and financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
Learn more about the CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Heart & Vascular Institute.
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Institute for Healthy Living
Outpatient Rehabilitative Services offered at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Institute for Healthy Living have successfully helped thousands of patients achieve healthier lifestyles through our medically-guided continuum of care.
With our state-of-the-art fitness and rehabilitation center, an indoor salt-water pool, top rated medical service providers and professional staff, we have created a safe and supportive environment to help improve recovery.
Your physician may prescribe your path to wellness in one or more of the therapies available:
- Occupational, physical and speech therapy
- Sports medicine
- Women's Health/Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Therapy for Parkinson's Disease
- BIG Program
- Speak Out Program
- Graston Technique
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization
Outpatient department of CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center.