In the interest of public health and out of an abundance of caution, we have made the difficult decision to pause Outpatient Rehab Services, including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy services until further notice. Associates will continue to provide services to outpatient wound care, inpatient would care and mobility patients.
Additionally, Cardiac Rehab Departments at the Alice and Kleberg campuses are discontinuing services indefinitely.
This decision has not been made lightly. As a health care and wellness leader, it is our mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. We know that during this time we can lead the way in being proactive to prevent the spread of the virus. Thank you for your understanding.
Our experienced, compassionate licensed therapists work with you to set realistic goals and develop your personalized treatment plan to achieve them. Whatever your condition may be, your active participation in your own rehabilitation plan is key to your recovery. Our therapists treat outpatients as well as patients who are staying in our Beeville hospital. Whether you have an illness, suffered an injury or underwent surgery, we provide a full range of therapeutic treatments to help you heal.
Physical therapy to help you regain your strength and mobility, which is important to help you recover better and faster after surgery or an injury. We use several treatment methods to help you get back on your feet:
- Spine, leg and arm rehabilitation to strengthen muscles and redevelop fine motor skills
- Joint mobilization to loosen joints and increase range of motion
- Functional mobility training to regain walking, wheelchair and bed transfers
- Gait and balance training to improve walking speed and ability
- Therapeutic exercises to reduce pain and inflammation, then regain range of motion and rebuild muscle strength and endurance
- Wound Care to heal non-healing wounds and pressure ulcers
Speech therapy to help correct speech, comprehension and swallowing disorders. We work with stroke patients and people of all ages with speech and communication disorders and swallowing problems. Among the strategies and drills we use are:
- Group therapy to practice conversational skills with other stroke survivors
- Tongue, lip and jaw exercises to strengthen muscles used for swallowing and speaking
- Activities to model correct pronunciation and develop language skills
- Sound production exercises to improve articulation
Occupational Therapy to help you do the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of daily activities (occupations). Our therapy practitioners enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health and prevent or live better with injury, illness and or a disability. Occupational therapy services typically include:
• An individualized evaluation to determine treatment goals
• Customized intervention to improve your ability to perform daily activities
• Outcomes to ensure goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan
Occupational therapy practitioners focus is on adapting the environment and or task to fit the person, and the person is an integral part of the therapy team.