In the interest of public health and out of an abundance of caution, we have made the difficult decision to pause Outpatient Rehab Services, including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy services until further notice. Associates will continue to provide services to outpatient wound care, inpatient would care and mobility patients.
Additionally, Cardiac Rehab Departments at the Alice and Kleberg campuses are discontinuing services indefinitely.
This decision has not been made lightly. As a health care and wellness leader, it is our mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. We know that during this time we can lead the way in being proactive to prevent the spread of the virus. Thank you for your understanding.
Our Cardiac Rehab program demonstrates excellence and our commitment to offer our patients with the finest care. Patients and family members can feel confident in knowing that their cardiac rehab team has the experience and skills to deal with the variety of issues that a life-changing cardiac or pulmonary diagnosis can lead to.
The CHRISTUS Spohn Cardiac Rehab program offers ECG (electrocardiograph) monitored exercise, education, counseling, and support for patients and their families to help people who experience a cardiac event or heart disease to recover faster, return to more full and productive lives and reduce the risk and severity of future heart disease.
For our cardiac patients, we have designed a program of cardiac rehabilitation services to improve fitness and reduce the risk of future heart problems. Our cardiac rehab program can help you if you have:
- A heart attack or other cardiac event
- A cardiac procedure such as angioplasty, pacemaker implant or other heart surgery
- Cardiovascular disease including atherosclerosis, stroke and congestive heart failure
- Our cardiac staff works with you to design a program specifically for your needs.
Physicians at CHRISTUS Spohn supervise our cardiac rehab services, which include:
- Fitness training with physical therapists in our dedicated exercise room
- Nutrition education to develop a heart-healthy diet
- Support to help you make lifestyle changes such as reducing stress and quitting smoking