Residency Applicant Criteria
Our program accepts nine new residents per year. In order to be considered for an interview, an applicant must:
- Have graduated from or will graduate from an LCME accredited medical school and be eligible to apply for medical licensure in the State of Texas
- Have passed the USMLE Step 1 exam, preferably on the first attempt, and provide documentation of having passed USMLE Step 2 CK and CS prior to being ranked for a position in our program.
- PLEASE NOTE: A passing score on USMLE Step 2 (CK and CS) or the COMLEX equivalent IS REQUIRED before we can rank an applicant for our program.
- We highly recommend that you schedule Step 2 CK and CS to be completed no later than December 31 in order to assure that we have your scores before our ranking deadline of Feb. 10.
- Be no more than five years out of medical school.
- We do not sponsor training visas (J1 or H1)
Applications are accepted starting September 15 of each year. For those selected, we begin the interview process starting in October and host interviews on Fridays through February. Please note that we receive many more applications each year than interview slots available, so application to the program does not guarantee an interview.
Eligible applicants are assessed on the criteria of academic credentials and performance, preparedness for rigorous graduate medical education, aptitude and ability, communication skills, and specific personal qualities including commitment to family medicine, community service, leadership, motivation, and integrity. The CSRFMRP does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, color, age, religion, disability or veteran status.
How to apply:
We accept applications only through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and take all of our residents through the National Residency Match Program. Our ERAS program number is 130420.
See Sample Contract here
We invite you to visit our program. You are welcome to rotate with us or just drop by for a day. We will happily answer any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!