Family Advisory Board
The Family Advisory Board at CHRISTUS Children’s was established with the purpose of improving the experiences of our patients and families. It is a voluntary group made up of family members of patients of CHRISTUS Children’s along with hospital staff and leadership.
The board meets on a regular basis with the goal to shape change throughout CHRISTUS Children’s by:
- Participating in forming policies and procedures that are focused on patients and their families
- Serving as a family advisor on hospital committees
- Education medical students, residents, new employees, and other Associates about the experience of care from the perspective of a patient and family member
- Improving patient safety
- Designing a more welcoming environment
- Creating and reviewing educational materials and forms
If you would like to get involved in with the Family Advisory Board, please contact us at email@example.com or fill out our online form for more information.
Family Advisory Board
333 N. Santa Rosa St.
San Antonio, Texas 78207
Family Advisory Board Co-Chairs:
Staff: Lyndsey Paulson, Director of Child Life
Parent: DD Belair
Members of the Family Advisory Board partner with CHRISTUS Children's to transform children's lives and redefine pediatric medicine.
- To work together with the staff of CHRISTUS Children's to promote Patient and Family-Centered care
- To collaborate with staff to improve the quality of care provided to children and their families in both inpatient and outpatient facilities
- To improve patient and family satisfaction
- To assure an attractive environment designed in keeping with the principles of patient and family-centered care that is responsive to the needs of children and their families
- To offer input to CHRISTUS Children's leadership in planning and evaluating services, programs, policies and new or remodeled facilities
- To promote a positive relationship between the hospital and the community
- To contribute to the education of present and future health care providers
Recruitment & Selection:
Family Advisory Board (FAB) members are recruited through communications to CHRISTUS Children's staff, patients, families and the community. Applications are accepted year round and candidates are screened and interviewed by the FAB Co-Chairs and Nominating Committee. Once candidates are screened, members are selected based on factors such as; capacity to listen, sharing of thoughts and opinions on health care experiences, offering different points of view and their representation of the San Antonio and South Central Texas community at large.
How to Apply:
There are several steps in the application process to become a member CHRISTUS Children’s Family Advisory Boards.
- Membership application
- Phone interview
- FAB parent conversation
- Background check
- Flu shot (mandatory)
- Orientation with Volunteer Services
Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month from 6 - 8 p.m. in the Najim Family Child Life Center on the 1st floor of the Hospital.