CHRISTUS Ochsner St. Patrick Regional Heart Center is proud to serve as a training center where cardiologists from around the country train with our physicians, learning new procedures and treatment methods. We deliver fast, life-saving heart attack treatment and provide the latest in cardiac technologies and treatments, as well as contributing time and talents to the advancement of health care offered across the U.S. Many of the cardiologists at CHRISTUS Ochsner St. Patrick participate in research which helps to change and revolutionize the way heart care is delivered.
We offer multiple non-invasive ways to screen for heart disease. For more serious cardiovascular conditions, our Cath Lab performs invasive procedures that can stop artery blockage or help physicians determine future treatment.
First in Southwest Louisiana to Offer Aortic Valve Replacement Without Open Heart Surgery
The John & Sylvia Stelly Regional Heart Center at CHRISTUS Ochsner St. Patrick Health System is proud to offer a less invasive treatment option for patients with severe aortic stenosis. With transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), our team inserts a new valve in the diseased aortic valve using a catheter instead of opening up the chest and completely removing the diseased valve. If you or someone you love has been told you may need a new heart valve, this procedure may be right for you.
Call (888) 996-4862 to schedule a consultation.
- CHRISTUS Ochsner St. Patrick collaborates with excellent facilities such as Mayo Clinic, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Stanford University Medical Center, and Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
- Our nationally recognized team is frequently being acknowledged for our innovative procedures, technology and outcomes.
- Fastest treatment for heart attacks in Southwest Louisiana – 45 percent better than the national average
- Only hospital in Southwest Louisiana to provide Cardiac CT screening in the E.R. for faster, more accurate diagnosis
- Best heart care outcomes in Southwest Louisiana as compared against best-practice national benchmarks
- Only Chest Pain Accredited Facility and Cardiac Center of Excellence in Southwest Louisiana
- Exclusive hospital in Southwest Louisiana to use hypothermia technology for treating cardiac arrest
Predict Your 10-Year Risk for a Heart Attack in Minutes
Cardiac CT scanning or calcium scoring, is noninvasive scan of your heart that detects calcium in the walls of your arteries which is a leading indicator of heart disease. By determining your calcium score, this heart scan can diagnose coronary artery disease with astounding accuracy, so that you can take the necessary steps toward preventing a heart attack, living a healthier life and having peace of mind. Do you need a heart scan?
Request An Appointment
If This Is a Medical Emergency, Please Dial 911
Learn If You Are At Risk for Heart Disease
Staying on top of your heart health is one of the most important things you can do at any age. A great way to do that is by taking our free online health risk assessment. You can estimate your risk along with other harmful factors that can lead to developing cardiovascular disease. It's everything you need to know about your heart all in one convenient place.